Associate Network Consultant
Agility Network Services, Inc. has been focused on providing professional quality Information Systems Management to Small and Medium businesses since 1994.
We are expanding our team; a family of likeminded, business oriented, I.T. consultants who are empowered to contribute to the success of the Agility family, clients, and partners.
To provide our clients with expert consulting, management, implementation and innovation for their Information Technology needs; from strategy to execution and all points in between. Agility employs both Senior and Associate Network Consultants to deliver great service to our clients.
A successful Network Consultant will achieve the following results:
- Communicate with clients at strategic and tactical levels
- Build professional rapport with clients
- Be accountable for client life-cycle
- Participate in new client engagement process
- Document client systems for internal information sharing
- Become knowledgeable on client business processes to best advise client on technological solutions to business problems
In addition, a consultant will
- Be actively involved in Agility’s internal activities, meetings, surveys and culture.
- Share knowledge, discoveries, ideas, challenges and solutions with peers and managers.
- Be self-directing of career and consultative skills through collaboration, observation, training, periodicals, seminars, conferences etc…;
We understand that Agility professionals are all influencers on how we conduct business internally and externally, and all work to form the future of the firm as a whole.
Associate Network Consultant Required Proficiencies:
- Windows Server and Workstation environments including desktop support
- Hardware and remote access management: Thin-Clients, Terminal (Remote) Services, Troubleshooting, Business Class Servers, Workstations, Notebooks, WAPs, print and imaging devices and solutions, UPS, environmental management, data back-up/restoration.
- Solid understanding of networking and troubleshooting at all layers of the IP stack.
- Antivirus, malware protection/remediation, and end-point security technologies.
- Active Directory, DNS, Security, Network Design
- Secure remote connectivity solutions, VPN, Private circuits, Firewalls, Switches, routers, MPLS, RPC/HTTPS, SSL
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Mobile messaging and operations platforms
- Microsoft SQL Server and other database platforms, simple administration (Agility’s Applications Solutions Group handles items beyond the foundation/infrastructure of such solutions)
- Virtualization, NAS, SAN, shared storage, blade chassis utilization.
- Managed Services concepts and technology, centralized management and monitoring.
- Disaster recovery planning and solutions.
- Cloud computing, SaaS, hosted systems
Desired attributes for an Associate Network Consultant:
- MCITP and/or current Microsoft equivalent certification and specializations.
- CCNA and specializations
- VCP and specializations
- Familiarity with Macintosh in a networked environment, and or ACSP, ACTC, ACS
- Familiar to proficient in MS SharePoint