Insights are all in the data
- Layout data
- Organize numeric or text data in spreadsheets or workbooks. Viewing it in context helps users make more informed decisions.
- Reformat and rearrange it
- As a user looks at different configurations, Excel learns and recognizes a user’s pattern and auto-completes the remaining data. No formulas or macros are required. The Tell Me search feature guides users to the feature commands they need to get the results they are looking for.
- Do analysis
- Excel will perform complex analyses. And it summarizes the data with previews of pivot-table options, so a user can compare them and select the one that tells the story best.
Get a better picture of the data
- Flow into charts and graphs
- Excel can recommend the charts and graphs that best illustrate data patterns.
- Users can quickly preview options and pick those that present them with insights most clearly.
- Find the best storyline
- Discover and compare different ways to represent data and intents visually.
- When a users see the one that shows their data best, they can apply formatting, sparklines, charts, and tables with a single click. A set of new modern charts and graphs in Excel 2016 with help users present their data in fresh ways.
- Users can highlight trends and patterns
- Excel 2016 makes it easy to spot trends and patterns in the data by using bars, colors and icons to visually highlight important values. The new one-click forecasting feature in Excel 2016 creates forecasts on data series with one click to future trends.
Add another set of eyes
- Users can share documents from the cloud
- Users can make sure everyone on a team has the latest version of a document by sharing workbooks in the cloud with OneDrive or SharePoint, so others can view, edit, and collaborate. Or simply email or instant message as an attachment.
- Users can collaborate in real time
- Once a spreadsheet is saved to OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint, a team can work together in real-time with Excel Online. As edits and changes are made to the documents, the improved version history in Excel 2016 allows users to view or go back to earlier drafts.