Visio for Business
Microsoft Visio enables businesses to create and share professional, versatile diagrams that simplify complex information
Microsoft Visio Professional makes it easier than ever for individuals and teams to create and share professional, versatile diagrams that simplify complex information. It includes all of the functionality of Visio Standard 2016 as well as updated shapes, templates, and styles. It contains enhanced support for team collaboration, including the ability for several people to work on a single diagram at the same time, and the ability to link diagrams to data instantly. Visio Professional 2016 also helps prevent information leakage by enabling Information Rights Management.
Users can get started with diagramming easily with a set of pre-crafted starter diagrams and contextual tips and tricks.
They can create professional diagrams quickly and take advantage of 70 built-in templates and thousands of shapes that meet industry standards including:
- Business diagrams, such as flowchart, timeline, PivotDiagram, and organizational chart.
- Process diagrams, such as cross-functional flowcharts, IDEF0 (Integration Definition for Process Modeling), BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) 2.0, and Microsoft SharePoint workflows.
- IT diagrams, such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), Active Directory, detailed network, and rack.
- Software and database diagrams, such as database notation, website map, and UML (Unified Modeling Language) 2.4.
- Engineering diagrams, such as electrical, circuits, and systems. Refreshed templates include Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) compliance.
- Maps and floor plans, such as HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), office layout, site plan, and space plan. Refreshed templates include over 600 shapes that appeal to modern tastes and 400 smart shapes that help boost productivity.
- Use a simple wizard to automatically create diagrams from data, starting with organizational charts.